Author Topic: New Feature Ideas  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Teknologist

• Administrator
  • Accomplished
    • MC Labs Org site
New Feature Ideas
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »
I have been thinking of some new ideas for the AOSpeak server and the Bots. Let me know what you think of them. I'll prioritize them based on feedback and difficulty of implementation.
  • Online commmand to see who is online right from the bot. I know that Budabot already does this, but the speak bot should have it too.
  • Looking into upgrading the Team Speak server to the latest version. This is actually a very involved process as some of the bots functionality is tied to features that are removed in the next version past the one we are currently using.
  • Ability to subscribe to the speak bot for notifications like when someone joins your org channel or a specific person joins the AOSpeak server.
  • Status or Alts command to show which alts are currently registered (Tyrence).
I will add to this list as I think of more things. There are a few things I can't recall at the moment.
Feel free to post your ideas as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:21:01 am by Teknologist »

Offline Tyrence

• Global Moderator
  • Fledgling
Re: New Feature Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 03:10:29 am »
I haven't used the bot much recently so I don't know what it can do now, but I think a !status command might be nice as well.  It would show you what alts AOSpeak has registered for you, if you have an org channel, etc.

Also, it would be nice to be able to regenerate a key.

Offline Teknologist

• Administrator
  • Accomplished
    • MC Labs Org site
Re: New Feature Ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 03:17:24 am »
The Status command is a great idea!
Regenerating a Key/Token is a different issue. Tokens can only be used once. Once a token is used it is deleted and becomes useless.
Generating a new key to reassociate a toon or alt after they lose their Identity may be possible. I will have to look into that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:20:36 am by Teknologist »